Barrier-free Information Centre (BIC) as a special workplace of the Library provides students with special needs with a range of library support services. It was established with the aim of the Library to make library services and facilities available and accessible to all of library users.
BIC provides services to users registered in the category “student with special needs”.
- Extended Library Loans
- Library Assistance
- Access to Assistive Technologies
- Digitization Services
- Information Education
Extended Library Loans
Users with special needs are entitled to extended loans of standard library documents for three months.
- Assistance with using of the Library Catalogue or Library Card Catalogue.
- Documents collection service – assistance in finding and fetching requested library documents to pre-arranged place in the library.
- Literature search services link na Literature Search Services.
- Help with photocopying or making photocopies and preparing them on agreed date. Making photocopies is charged in accordance with the Fees and Charges of the Publisher Ekonom.
Users may ask for library assistance by person, by phone or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests sent by email will be realised after the library confirmation. Entitled users have to write down their name and surname, User Card number, email address and specify requested type of assistance service, time and other relevant information according to the type of the requested service.
- Specialised study place for students with special needs – located in Journals Reading Room on the third floor.
It consists of the PC station with special assistive screen-reading software with synthesized speech NVDA, flatbed scanner, software OCR and headphones.
- Portable Handheld Video Magnifier Ruby HD XL
Function: magnification up to 14 times
Availability: by person at the Reference Desk or by email to email@example.com
- Portable Pen Scanner
Function: scanning of the text, numbers, and small graphics. Text is automatically retyped in computer using OCR technology.
Availability: by person at the Information Desk in the Journals Reading Room or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BIC provides electronic publications, digitized copies of journals articles and conference proceedings (serials) articles or digitized copies of publication sections/chapters in accordance with the Copyright Law solely for the study purposes of disabled users within the scope of their reasoned disability (severe visual impairments or severe disability of the lower and upper limbs).
Entitled users can obtain maximum five digitized library documents during one term.
Requests must be sent by email to email@example.com.
BIC provides individual training activities and support in the field of the information search, using of e-resources and assistive technologies.
In case of the interest users may contact BIC by email, by phone or in person.